Records Management is the planning, controlling, directing, organizing, training, promoting and other managerial activities involving the life cycle of information, including creation, maintenance (use, storage, retrieval) and disposal, regardless of media.
Records management helps users address evolving governance mandates to meet regulatory, legal, and fiduciary requirements. Proactive adherence to information retention policies and procedures is a critical facet of your compliance strategies. Creative Business Labs records management products help organizations enforce centralized policy management for file plans, retention schedules, legal preservation holds, and auditing.
The Electronic Records Management Initiative will provide the tools that agencies will need to manage their records in electronic form, addressing specific areas of electronic records management where agencies are having major difficulties.
Creative Business Labs Records Management solutions are designed to help users streamline processes and automate manual user and administrator activities throughout the record lifecycle. Easily deployed records management from CBL helps deliver a rapid and compelling return on investment while reducing the risks and costs in managing electronic and physical record assets.
WHY DO WE CARE ABOUT OUR RETAINING AND MANAGING OUR RECORDS?
Because they are our organization’s institutional memory that…
- Document our management decisions…
- Provide historical references of transactions and events…
- Enhance our organization’s operational efficiencies…
- Demonstrate regulatory compliance…
- Provide litigation support…
Benefits of Record Management
Every business or program must address well-defined objectives which will add value, either directly to the bottom line or toward the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. Records management objectives usually fall into one of three categories:
- Service (effective and efficient),
- Profit (or cost-avoidance), and
- Social (moral, ethical and legal) responsibility.
Records management programs must manage organizational information so that it is timely, accurate, complete, cost-effective, accessible and usable. Better information, at the right time, makes better business.
- To effectively manage and facilitate access to agency information in order to support and accelerate decision making and ensure accountability.
- To integrate e-records management concepts and practices with comprehensive information management policies, processes and objectives to assure the integrity of e-records and information.
- To employ ERM to support interoperability, timely and effective decision making, and improved services to customers.
- To provide the tools for agencies to access e-records for as long as required and to transfer permanent e-records to NARA for preservation and future use by government and citizens